CHURCH AND TOWER OF SAN BARTOLOME

CHURCH AND TOWER OF SAN BARTOLOME

Temple dedicated to the Patron of the City: San Bartolomé. The current factory is from the fifteenth century which explains some of its Gothic features. Renovated in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries the Baroque style being well defined structure.

Highlights in this temple the main façade richly decorated that give the plant motifs, wavy lintels and especially the tiles. And its tower, built in 1759, 60 meters high. The interior of the church had started as a chapel, under the name of San Bartolomé de la Jara, stood in the thirteenth century, in the most prominent part of the population.The present building is from much later, about the fifteenth century and renovated in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, but there are still many vestiges of its former appearance of Gothic style. The altarpiece is a work of José de la Barrera, 1691. This Baroque altarpiece is dedicated to St. Bartholomew.

Address: San Bartolomé Square
Town: Jerez de los Caballeros
Country: España
icon

Share

Google Play QR

Google Play QR

App Store QR

App Store QR