CONVENT OF CONSOLATION

CONVENT OF CONSOLATION

It was founded in 1499 after a stay in Jerez of the General Inspector of the Order of San Francisco.

A group of devouts decided profess the rule of Santa Clara. Later switched to the Third Order, it had in the late eighteenth century twenty professed nuns and two novices. It was  secularized in our time, was alienated to the State and turned into a private home. The building responds to the model typical stately home of Jerez. It is a two storey building with rectangular openings and an inner cloister with arches on the ground floor that are supported by pillars

Address: Fontaine of the Saints
Town: Jerez de los Caballeros
Country: España
icon

Share

Google Play QR

Google Play QR

App Store QR

App Store QR